May has swept, and now that school is out and summer is in, it’s time to find out what’s hot on TV this season. Check out this list of series debuts and season premieres and start compiling your summer TV watchlist!
– Futurama (Comedy Central, Thurs. 10pm) – Starting June 24th
As Bender would say, “I’m back baby!”. After a 6-year hiatus, our favorite futuristic cartoon bunch is back with brand new adventures, this time on Comedy Central!
– True Blood (HBO, Sun. 9pm) – Starting June 13th
The hit Louisiana-set vampire series returns for season 3. Lara Pulver (BBC’s Robin Hood) and Tony-winning actor Denis O’Hare will be joining the cast, while 90210’s Michael Steger will guest.
– Entourage (HBO, Sun. 10:30pm) – Starting June 27th
The group of friends every guy wants to be apart of; The show’s 7th season picks up from last season, following Vincent’s new approach on life after his accident.
– Big Brother (CBS, Wed/Thurs/Sun 9pm) – Starting July 8th
The summer’s biggest reality tv competition returns with 13 new houseguests and brand new twists and turns. Julie Chen returns to host this summer’s 12th season.
– Burn Notice (USA, Thurs. 9pm) – June 3rd
– The Real World: New Orleans (MTV, Wed. 10pm) – June 30th
– Eureka (Syfy, Fri. 9pm) – July 9th
– Mad Men (AMC, Sun. 10pm) – July 25th
– The Jersey Shore, Season 2 (MTV, Thurs. 10pm) – July 29th
– Weeds, Season 6 (Showtime, Mon. 10pm) – August 16th
– Hard Times of RJ Berger (MTV, Mondays at 10pm)
Awkward outcast RJ Berger finds sudden popularity after his entire high school finds out about his “huge” gift. MTV’s brand new comedy airs Mondays at 10pm.
– The Good Guys (FOX, Mondays at 9pm)
What happens when you take a washed-up detective and pair him up with an ambitious young cop? FOX’s new series The Good Guys will show you exactly that on Monday nights!
– Children’s Hospital (Adult Swim, Sundays starting 7/11)
The web-only series makes it’s television debut on Adult Swim. Think of this as, Grey’s Anatomy in a Children’s hospital… gone wrong.
– The Big C (Showtime, Mon. 10pm) – Starting 8/16
Showtime’s new dark comedy stars Laura Linney as a wife, mother and teacher who is diagnosed with terminal cancer. The show’s excellent cast also includes Oliver Platt and Gabourey Sidibe.