[photogallerylink id=231751]It’s been a rough couple of days for Whitney Houston fans around the world. The legendary singer was found dead on Saturday afternoon. TV host Wendy Williams, a former crack addict herself, spoke about Whitney on her television show today and got quite emotional. While expressing her connection with Whitney, whom she had never met but infamously interviewed once, Wendy broke down in tears as she described her own battle with substance abuse.
Williams got especially emotional when she described how she thought one day she would meet Whitney later in life and they would both share their stories about how they became sober.
Although the two never met, they have some history together. When Wendy hosted her own radio show in 2003, she interviewed Whitney over the phone. The interview became pretty intense when Williams asked Whitney repeated questions about her drug abuse. Things got heated and Whitney told Williams, “If this were back in the day in Newark, I’d meet you outside.” In fact as of 2009, it was reported that Whitney was still upset over the interview.
Watch Wendy Williams breakdown over Whitney Houston’s death in the video below. Do you think she is being sincere given the drama between the two in the past?
Read More On 997NOW.com:
- Star Wars’ C-3PO Guides You Through Traffic With Waze App
- Heroes Face-Off In New Trailer For ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’