VIDEO: Wendy Williams Breaks Down Over Whitney Houston
[photogallerylink id=231751]It’s been a rough couple of days for Whitney Houston fans around the world. The legendary singer was found dead on Saturday afternoon. TV host Wendy Williams, a former crack addict herself, spoke about Whitney on her television show today and got quite emotional. While expressing her connection with Whitney, whom she had never met but infamously interviewed once, Wendy broke down in tears as she described her own battle with substance abuse.
Williams got especially emotional when she described how she thought one day she would meet Whitney later in life and they would both share their stories about how they became sober.
Although the two never met, they have some history together. When Wendy hosted her own radio show in 2003, she interviewed Whitney over the phone. The interview became pretty intense when Williams asked Whitney repeated questions about her drug abuse. Things got heated and Whitney told Williams, “If this were back in the day in Newark, I’d meet you outside.” In fact as of 2009, it was reported that Whitney was still upset over the interview.
Watch Wendy Williams breakdown over Whitney Houston’s death in the video below. Do you think she is being sincere given the drama between the two in the past?
Read More On 997NOW.com:
- Uber Riders Can Now Select “Hot Chicks” For Drivers
- Hunter Pence Calls Out Erin Andrews During Post Game Interview
- Why Calum Of 5SOS Is Afraid Of Females
- Emblem3 Perform “Jealous” And Nick Jonas Likes
- Adorable: Fort Bragg Soldier Comes Home To Surprise Daughter At Pumpkin Patch
- Here Are All The Musical Acts Scheduled To Play The World Series So Far