Your connection to who’s wearing what and why it matters! Featuring shout-outs and shutdowns from the sassiest people you know!
This spring, the Metropolitan Museum of Art will boast it’s newest exhibit, PUNK: Chaos to Couture. The Costume Institute Exhibition, on view from May 9 through August 14, examines the influences punk rock has had on high fashion since it’s birth in the 1970s. Check out the best of the bad asses and the worst of the downright bad on this week’s two-part WTFashion!
These have got to be my favorite looks from the night. I’m a HUGE fan of sheer fabrics and showing off a slender silhouette, so you know these ladies had me at chiffon!
1. Rooney Mara: The Social Network starlet in Givenchy Zip-Up gown. I didn’t know it was possible to be simultaneously elegant and edgy- then I saw this creamy goddess.
2. Miley Cyrus: Former Miss Montana turned absolute B.A.M.F. trades in her good-girl locks for some Nick Carter tips, while absolutely working this fishnet Marc Jacobs.
3. Nicole Richie: Six years after The Simple Life, she proves you can take a girl out of the country, and STAY out! Aside from the floral pattern, there is nothing hokey about Jaime King’s look. Thank goodness!
4. Anne Hathaway: Honestly, I’ve been getting a little sick of this girl. Dare I say, “I dreamed a dream” that she took a break?! However, I can’t deny she is serving a sickening amount of The Crow realness in Valentino Couture.
1. Marc Jacobs: Okay, so why did no one ever tell me that Marc Jacobs is sex on a finely waxed and polished stick?? Polk-a-dots are always tricky to pull off, especially for men. However, he clearly walks the walk and wears the stalk, representing his own brand and signature sexy. Ow!
2. Christina Ricci: Another actress coming out of the woodwork, the Black Snake Moan vixen delivers school-girl-naughtiness in Vivienne Westwood couture. Seriously, “… Baby One More Time” needs a re-vamp featuring this gown! The cut is amazing and the pattern screams rebellious schoolgirl!
3. Blake Lively: This Gossip Girl has definitely been the talk of the town, what with her “talent” busting out of that dress! Gucci did her well: the silhouette is flawless, the train has drama for days, and the leafing on the waist adds to the fairytale feel of this gown.
THIS WEEK’S #OOTD BELONGS TO…
Kim definitely knows how to treat her man! The multi-talented reality star and fashionista shows her versatility in this window curtain- love seat combo!
Are you trendy enough to make the list? Hit me up on Instagram with your #OOTDs! And remember to use the #WTFashion hashtag!!