Rosemary Capitolo of San Jose, California might be the World’s Greatest Giants fan.
The 71-year-old was diagnosed with cancer two years ago and has been on and off chemotherapy, but that doesn’t seem to keep her down.
According to an interview she did with Buzzfeed, she saw a pattern to make a knit wig and she had to do it.
“I am an addicted knitter,” she said. “I thought it would be a hoot to make one.”
Capitolo volunteer coaches for The First Tee and LPGA Girl’s Golf nearby, and they had a crazy hair Halloween event, so she put the wig to use.
“I put the thing on, had my sunglasses on and ready to leave the house,” she told CBS Local. “And I take a selfie and then I posted it and that was kind of it.”
But that wasn’t just it—the tweet has been retweeted hundred of thousands of times…no big deal.
And she has got the greatest, most inspirational disposition:
Being a rabid Giants fan, I added the hat. They loved it. I have chemo on 29 October and I am planning on wearing it and passing out candy in the infusion ward. Cancer is a real bitch, but I just live with this unwanted guest and live each day fully. I have great family and friends.
Basically, Rosemary is a BOSS.
- Fernando and Greg’s Daily Podcast! (03.17.17)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Prepares To Live Year-Round At Universal Studios
- Fernando and Greg’s Daily Podcast! (12.08.15)
- Fernando and Greg’s Gossip Closet! (12.08.15)
- ‘Walking Dead’ Alum Jon Bernthal Cast as Punisher in Season 2 of Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’
- NASA Discovers “Zombies” In Outer Space!