Happy weekend Bay Area!
It was an INSANE weekend here in the Bay! Between the Giants in the World Series again and Halloween,it was certainly tough to keep up.
Here are some of the week’s biggest stories, from #MadBum to the haunted Bay Area and beyond.
You must have been under a rock if you missed this, but if you did, hey, who am I to judge? The San Francisco Giants won their third World Series in five years after defeating the Kansas City Royals in Game 7. Madison Bumgarner KILLED it on the mound, but, Taylor Swift charms aside, it was all-around a great Series for all the Giants.
Earlier this week, someone caught a man on a profanity-laced tirade at a Redding, California In-N-Out. He was very, very upset. People were afraid. Check it out here (language NSFW).
Cat Town Cafe, an Oakland cat adoption facilitator and coffee joint, opened this week. It allows visitors to book one hour of cat hang-out time for a $10 donation to local shelters, in an effort to get more cats off the street and into homes. Even if you don’t like cats, go for the great coffee and snacks.
Today is Halloween, but even when it’s not, we still love a good spook. We put together a list of some of the most haunted places in the Bay you can visit without risking arrest for trespassing. Plus, they’re all open after Halloween too!
A woman named Shoshana Roberts who teamed up with an organization called Hollaback! walked around New York City streets for ten hours as her boyfriend secretly taped it. As she walked, around 100 people reportedly catcalled, harassed, or otherwise made her uncomfortable. This, sadly, is what it’s like to walk around a big city as a woman.
- The Buzz: A 1900s Drone In SF, A Barbie Fishing Pole, & A Giant Hazing
- The Buzz: Lenses, Hipster Babies, And Turd Ferguson
- The Buzz: One Direction Splits, ‘Star Wars’ Surprises, And Instagram Gets With It
- The Buzz: Best Bands In The Bay, #HeidiTrumpsTrump, And Bugs At Burning Man!
- The Buzz: A Waxy Austin Mahone, A Happy Macklemore, And An Impressed Dave Grohl
- The Buzz: 1,000 Italians Rock For Foo, Macklemore Opens Up, And Bacon Gingers Unite!