Kanye had always been one to spit out answers haphazardly, and thanks to that, he was often fodder for media outlets and critics. After all, word vomit has the tendency to attract haters.
Today, however, beckons a new Ye.
Kanye has gotten more cautious about his statements and quotes, as demonstrated by today’s surprisingly eloquent, hour-long interview with Power 105.1 in New York.
Nevertheless, there are still plenty of jewels embedded in his discussion with The Breakfast Club. Here are a few of the weirdest and funniest things we learned about Kanye in this morning’s interview.
1. Kanye didn’t want his Adidas Yeezy shoes to be so pricey. “There’s real separatism [in fashion],” he told the hosts. “We need to spend that money on our families.”
2. He heard the Beck album while he was having dinner with Taylor Swift. “Maybe they did it on purpose,” he said. “I was like, ‘This is kinda good, I’m not even gonna lie.'”
3. He apparently kept his Grammys in his apartment bathroom until Kim made him move them. As he said (in a way too quick aside), “I got my 21 Grammys my wife made me take out of the bathroom.”
4. He uses the term “Kanye Shrug“.
5. Kim thought Amber Rose was dirty. “If Kim dated me when I first wanted to be with her there would be no Amber Rose,” Kanye said. “I had to take 30 showers before I got with Kim.”
6. He confirmed that the 25-year-old rapper Tyga is dating Kylie Jenner: “I think he got in early. I think he’s smart.”
7. The album’s not done yet. He says it’s about 80% finished.
8. The rumors aren’t true when it comes to frenemies Kim and Bey. Beyonce apparently has pictures of Kim Kardashian on her wall in a series of photos dedicated to strong women. We’ll file this one under “hard to believe”.
9. There was almost a Drake/Kanye album. “The ‘Wolves‘ song came from a conversation me and Drake had where we were going to do an album together,” he said. “It was [supposed to be] called Wolves.”
10. He’s a big Disney fan. Besides saying that he wants to be supported by the Disney Imagineers, he also calls Frozen “a second nanny.”
11. He’s working on a video game where the goal is to get Kanye’s mother (who passed seven years ago) to the gates of heaven. He has been working on it for six months.